I've been trying to write a blogpot on this subject for a while, so it's probably a good thing that this has come along. I don't think we look at ourselves in a very good light most of the time, and it's important to think of something we're good at occasionally. This is something I need to remind myself of more often - I'm an incredibly self-deprecating kinda person.
- My Dad says I'm the kind of person who just gets on with things. It's not something I see much of myself in, but it's nice to know that that is something someone thinks of me. He reckons that when I'm faced with a task I find boring or miserable, I will crack on with it and get it done, even if I moan and whine along the way.
- I'm really good at getting train seats, and I pride myself on doing it without being rude and pushing everyone. I think I've been travelling back and forth between London so often recently that I've honed my skill. Even when the train is busy, I will be on a front facing window seat at a table, and there is no other reason for this other than my sheer determination. Is that even a quality...?
- I'm quite to the point and I rarely ever play games with people. A lot of the time, what you see is what you get with me.
- Even though I'm shy, I would never intentionally exclude anyone. I try and make sure that everyone is included in a conversation.
- I'll admit to being judgemental at first glance, but I'm open minded and would never act upon those judgements - unless they're confirmed.
- I'm incredibly honest, whether it's about my feelings or whether it's on my own shortcomings.
- I'm aware of my shortcomings and never pretend to be something I'm not - and will admit if I'm wrong.
- If I know I need to apologise for something, I will do just that, even if it's humiliating.
It's really not easy to think of good things about yourself! What are your good qualities?
52 lists is a series of posts by Ema at Made in Hunters. Let me know if you're joining in, and you can see my other posts here.