7 May 2016

a little visit to balham | london.

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

balham pictures

triumph police car

A little while ago, I took a walk down to Balham to spend a bit of time there (and also because I was trying to find Balham Leisure Centre which is a council run pool with a sauna. Result). I live very close to Balham but honestly spend little to no time there and so a trek to find a pool is a good excuse to have a look around too. 

Firstly we went to Balham Farmers Market (Henry Cavendish Primary School, Hydethorpe Road, SW12 0JA). We were late to the party and as a result many of the products had already been sold - it was so much more popular than I'd expected - but there was still a really good choice. I think next time I'm not feeling the crowds in Borough Market, this is a pretty great alternative. We picked up some Guinness sausages - the farmer assured me they'd only been made the day before - which were used for brunch the next day, and they were pretty good. I'm already looking forward to going back for their special plant fair - hello window box

Afterwards we headed to Hildreth Street Market (Hildreth Street, SW12 9RQ), where we tried cheese and I lusted after some tulips (I didn't buy any, and seriously regret it, which is a constant state of being when it comes to me and tulips). We then grabbed a coffee (and a cheeky almond croissant) at Blackbird Bakery (Hildreth Street, SW12 9RQ) - I need to go back soon and try out some of their amazing looking breads.

If anyone has any recommendations for places to go in Balham, let me know for when I'm back down!
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig