19 October 2016

a little trip to walcot | london.

london lifestyle blog travel london

london lifestyle blog travel london

london lifestyle blog travel london

Some (most) Sundays, I take myself off in London to search for the best roast I can find. So far, it's been a harder battle than I think it should be. There's been the place that served jam with it, and the other place which served honestly the oddest gravy known to man, plus the places which sell out of the choice you really want (beef, usually) or take over forty minutes to arrive. No one should have to wait that long for a roast when you're out and about. Add in the added complication of the fact that I practically make it a rule that I won't get out of bed before midday on a Sunday, which means that it has to be local, easy to get a table and not finish service at 1.30pm. 

london lifestyle blog travel london

london lifestyle blog travel london

london lifestyle blog travel london


However, currently winning in the local roast dinner stakes is a small pub in Kennington. I think if I could be really arsed, I could find somewhere maybe just a bit better, but this place will do for a while. And it means that on the walk there, I get to pass through a small collection of streets known as the Walcot Conservation Area, not far from Elephant and Castle. 

It's only a small collection of streets, but I love it. I love the way you just don't expect it to appear, especially if you've just walked through Elephant and Castle, which isn't exactly known for it's London beauty. I love the fact that although times have moved on and the shops don't exist anymore, their ghost signs and their shop fronts live on. Plus, who doesn't love a gorgeous London townhouse? One day I'm determined to own a house with a big black front door and steps to the top, I just doubt that day will be any time soon.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig