21 September 2016

a little visit to bournemouth | england.


visit bournemouth

visit bournemouth

I went to Bournemouth so long ago I can barely believe I'm only blogging about it now. Admittedly, going to Bournemouth in January wasn't my smartest move, but I think we were quite lucky with the weather considering. At least we were still able to get onto the beach and we weren't rained on (too much). We planned the trip to keep the spirits up after the Christmas break - you know that feeling you get when you're like, oh god, I really do have to do another year of this. And so a weekend away was booked, anywhere, preferably near the sea. 

We stayed at the Royal Bath Hotel, which I won't recommend. The location was lovely, but it was so run down and if someone could have given me the money to do it up, I'd have been in there like a shot. It had so much potential. Instead it's tired and rickety and there's a Premier Inn practically over the road which I imagine is cheaper, nicer, and has a better view. 

visit bournemouth

visit bournemouth

I'm at a bit of a loss to say what I did in Bournemouth, as realistically, I didn't do all that much and as a result I don't recommend visiting in January, as funnily enough, beaches in England tend to be more of a summer thing. We took a walk along the pier, had afternoon tea in a hotel and spent a long time laughing at the people zip wiring along the pier, and an even longer time getting colour coordinated photos of the wonderful beach huts that are all along the sea front. How pretty are they? 

visit bournemouth

visit bournemouth

I think I'll have to spend some more time in Bournemouth soon, probably because sometimes it's just so good to get away from London and spend some time by the sea. Growing up in the Midlands seems to have instilled this ridiculous sense of it being such a novelty, even though I live closer to it than I ever have done before. Next time I'd stay in a better hotel too, and maybe try and get my hands on some fish and chips, because I feel I lacked in not doing that this time. Who goes to the sea side and doesn't get fish and chips with a 99?! Ooops. 

Share:

2 comments

  1. How cute! Looks such a pretty seaside :) x

    Beth | Polishedcouture.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Bournemouth is so lovely, would defy recommend the premier inn, all bournemouth hotels are run down.. which is a bit weird considering how busy it is in the summer! Hope you enjoyed your trip though, would be nice to see you around! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig