23 September 2016

my autumn clothes wishlist.

autumn wishlist


LEFT TO RIGHT:

light grey jumper | dark grey jumper | studded flats | long top | white ribbed jumper | leopard clutch | green top | leather skirt | navy ribbed jumper | pointed flats | light grey jumper | striped top | shopper

I should probably start by saying that Autumn is one of my favourite seasons and I am desperate for it to properly kick in. As someone who tends to find themselves loving the average, I hate the heat and I hate extreme cold, so Spring and Autumn are perfect for me. I'm a bit of an old granny, and love the fact that I can wear a coat and don't have to rifle through my bag to find my Oyster card and can have it stuffed inside a pocket instead. I love tights and socks and love the fact that they all hide a multitude of sins. 

This weekend I have a massive wardrobe overhaul planned. I don't have a massive bedroom, and my small wardrobe is so packed I'm having to throw things inside and slam the door shut and hope it doesn't all cascade out when I next open it. I have to get so much stuff put on eBay, and then I pretty much plan to fill it all again with easy to wear, affordable but good quality basics. This year I am determined not to fill my wardrobe with Primark jumpers that never fit me properly and always fall apart after the first wash. 

This navy jumper and this white jumper from H&M look perfect for slouchy days at work, when it's a bit chilly. I don't have a particularly smart workplace, and I could easily wear them outside of work too. Leather skirts are so easy to dress up and down, and I don't think there's a way that you can make them look bad. They seem to work with most outfits, but I think they'd look especially great with the striped top from my new favourite store, & Other Stories, or this dark grey marl woollen jumper from H&M. 

Shoes are my winter weak spot. I'm really not a fan of wearing boots, and have been known to wear flats even in the snow. These Next flats are one of my staple wardrobe items, they always look great, and I fell in love with these Dune flats whilst out shopping last weekend.

What are you after this Autumn? Also, if you have any suggestions for any other places to grab affordable basics from, that'd be great!
Share:

4 comments

  1. Ain't nothing granny-ish about loving autumn, woman! It's my fave time of year too, I love being able to curl up in front of the telly with a cuppa tea and not feel guilty about 'making the most of the sunshine' like I do all summer haha!

    I also have a million things to eBay, I've had a bag outside my room full of stuff for weeks now...I just haven't got round to actually whacking it on there.

    katie ♥ lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an arse to put it all on, I have to do it in bits otherwise it puts me to sleep with how dull it is! x

      Delete
  2. Autumn is my favourite too, I love that it isn't hot but not freezing cold either. Plus the clothes are so much nicer! I love everything you've chosen the colour scheme is making me feel very autumnal :) xx

    www.bethanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig