30 December 2016

a look into 2017 | lifestyle



In 2017 I want to sort my skin out. I've become an avid reader of /r/skincare and it's opened my eyes to a few things. I've already started to make a better effort of removing my make up properly each night and I have some good skincare products - but I'd really like to move away from only having "some" to finding products that really work for me. I'd also like to remember to moisturise each night, no excuses!

In 2017 I want to travel more. I've mentioned before I've seen quite a bit of Europe, but apart from two very short trips into Africa, I haven't really been anywhere else. I'm grateful for the experiences I've had in Europe and it's a great place to explore, but I would love to be able to get my first long haul flight and see some other continents. 

In 2017 I want to start budgeting. At the moment I play the game where I check my bank account on the day I'm paid and then don't check it at any other point throughout the month out of fear. I want to set a budget for each week and vaguely stick to it, and try to save too (easier said than done in London!)

In 2017 I want to bake more. I'm baking quite a lot at the moment, but I need to stop getting ahead of myself and focus on a few skills. My Stepmum cracked the most perfect Victoria Sponge I've ever tasted by literally baking one a week for months - I'd like to try the same thing with my icing skills. If I could be even half as good as a Biscuiteer I'd be happy with that. I'd also like to crack macarons (you can see my failures here) but I know that may yet be a long way off. 

In 2017 I want to find a new job. I mentioned here that I was already looking, but my search had slowed down in the run up to Christmas because there were barely any jobs being advertised. I know it's time for me to move on in my role but 2017 has to be the year I make it happen. It's time for a new challenge! 

In 2017 I want to be better at networking. I get so scared about attending work events and I needn't - they're never as bad as I think they're going to be. This is also combined with me wanting to be able to make small talk easier with people I come across at work. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage this as my panic sometimes get to

In 2017 I want to make some new friends. Ever since I moved to London I've felt on the lonely side and even though I know social media isn't real (blah, blah, blah) it still kills me when I search through it and see people out with big groups of people, knowing that I don't really have that. Sure, I have friends, but I don't often see them and I'd like to meet some new people and feel part of something. 

In 2017 I want to make time for friends. This is probably related to the one above, but I have friends who seem to be really good at always making time to see people and constantly booking in time to see friends and replying to messages quickly. I am so bad at that and need to get better!

In 2017 I want to sleep more. Or less or better. At the moment I seem to sleep very little throughout the weekdays and then sleep loads through the weekends. I'd much prefer to feel a little less tired throughout the week and a little more alive at the weekend. 

In 2017 I want to start learning Dutch again. I don't know how I want to start learning again, but I don't think it would kill me to stop playing SongPop on my phone and move on to my Duolingo app instead. I'm also going to look into classes, but I don't think I'll hold myself to those because they're slightly prohibited by cost and time! 

In 2017 I want to learn to drive. I have zero need to learn to drive living in London and I've always questioned people who live in zone 1-2 and have one. But I swear every time I see my family they ask me when I'm going to start learning so I might as well get on with it and just do it. 

In 2017 I want to up my photography game. Especially on my blog. At the moment I just take things on a white background, but I wouldn't mind putting a little more effort into proceedings and putting together a proper background. I'd also like to learn a little more about composition and editing.

In 2017 I want to sort out my routine. At the moment, I wake up and it takes me absolutely ages to get ready for work and I'm never really sure why. I know I need to cut down on my make up routine or get more efficient at applying make up, and I need to come up with some easy and quick hairstyles so that I can get out of the door quicker. I'm really not sure how to make this happen, but it would be better if I was able to fit in breakfast before I left each morning.

If anyone worked on anything similar and has any tips - do let me know! What are your resolutions?

Share:

1 comment

  1. Goodluck with driving! I was forced to learn when I was 16 by my mum - thanks mum- however am glad that I did it then. Despite not needing to drive in every day life as I work in the city etc, it is definitely a useful life skill to have.

    And I can completely related to Duolingo, I seriously slacked off with learning Spanish for most of this year.

    I don't have too many resolutions, but the key one would be to learn to slow down and do nothing to avoid burn out

    nat // dignifiable

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig